In the field of sports lighting, our Sports Lighting can customize special LED stadium lighting according to various court characteristics, such as LED badminton hall lighting, LED basketball hall lighting, LED tennis hall lighting, LED tennis hall lighting … According to the characteristics of basketball stadium layout and basketball sports, Utopia Lighting has developed a variety of LED basketball stadium lighting special lamps.
China is developing from a “sports power” to a “sports power”. Many stadiums, especially those that are to develop professional events, are developing in a professional direction, and basketball stadium lighting is an important upgrade item. Utopia Lighting Sports Lighting combined with the height of the basketball hall, the layout of the field, and the basketball track, created a variety of LED basketball lights dedicated to remove all obstacles for the optimization of the lighting plan of the basketball hall.
Basketball Hall Lighting
According to industry standards, badminton hall lighting can be divided into training and entertainment activity levels (horizontal illumination: 300lx, amateur competition / professional training level: 500lx, professional competition level: 750lx, TV broadcast country / international competition: 750-1000lx, TV broadcast major / International competition: 1000-1400lx, HDTV broadcast major / International competition: 1400-2000lx. To reach such a high illumination standard, ordinary lamps are difficult to be bright without glare. Huaxia Beidouxing Stadium lamps use unique light distribution technology, 144 kinds of light distribution curves, accurately control the light, improve the utilization of light, and start from the design to solve the problem of glare.
The standard size of a basketball court is 28m long and 15m wide. The buffer zone is usually 2m outside the sideline and 2m outside the bottom line. Therefore, the standard basketball court size is 32×19 meters. There are three ways to illuminate the basketball hall, including the starry layout, the street lighting, and a hybrid layout.
- The basketball court is illuminated with star-shaped cloth, that is, the lamps are arranged directly above the basketball court, and the beam is perpendicular to the court plane. For this solution, Utopia Lighting uses symmetrical light distribution basketball hall lighting fixtures, which are suitable for training halls, business arenas, and national gymnasiums. The light is soft, the uniformity is high, and it is not dazzling.
- The way of lighting the basketball court in the basketball hall, that is, the lamps are arranged on both sides of the court, and the light beam is not perpendicular to the plane of the court. Asymmetric light distribution lamps should be used on the side of the road. When arranged on both sides, the aiming angle of the lamp (the angle between the aiming direction of the lamp and the vertical line) should not be greater than 65 °. our stadium lighting is equipped with a rotatable stand, with a clear dial, which can be adjusted by 200 °, which is suitable for various scenarios.
- Mixed arrangement, that is, a combination of the arrangement of the top and the sides. The mixed arrangement should choose lamps with multiple light distribution forms, with the characteristics of both the top arrangement and the two arrangement, to achieve the ideal uniformity, while improving the horizontal and vertical illumination of the basketball hall lighting.
Various levels of lighting solutions for basketball hall lighting
- Basketball hall lighting training and entertainment activity level (sky-lit cloth lighting method): 32 120W Huaxia Beidouxing basketball hall lighting fixtures can be used, the installation height is 8 meters, the total power is 3840W, and the power consumption is about 4 degrees per hour.
- Basketball Hall Lighting Amateur Competition / Professional Training Level (Gypsophila): 40 150 Huaxia Beidouxing Basketball Hall lighting fixtures can be used. The installation height is 10 meters, the total power is 6000W, and the electricity consumption is about 6 degrees per hour.
- Basketball court lighting professional competition level: 66 150 Huaxia Beidouxing basketball hall lighting fixtures can be used, the installation height is 12 meters (the sky-shaped lamp), the total power is 9900W, and the power consumption is about 10 degrees per hour.
Basketball Hall Lighting
Basketball hall lighting practice and entertainment activity level (street lighting method): 10 280W Utopia Lighting basketball hall lighting fixtures can be used. The installation height is 8 to 10 meters, the total power is 2800W, and the electricity is about 3 degrees per hour.
Basketball hall lighting amateur competition / professional training level (street lighting method): 16 280 Utopia Lighting basketball hall lighting fixtures can be used. The installation height is 8 to 10 meters, the total power is 4480W, and the power consumption is about 4 degrees per hour.
Why choose Utopia Lighting Basketball Court Lights?
- Efficacy (Lumens Per Watt)
Luminous efficacy is the true measure of a bulb’s efficiency. It indicates the lumens produced for every watt of electricity consumed. LEDs are more efficient than traditional bulbs with a higher luminous efficacy. High quality LEDs have awesome efficacy ratings. The standard luminous efficacy is upwards of 130 lumens per watt
We have indoor and outdoor basketball court fixtures that are rated between 130 and 180 lumens/watt. We can help you choose the right efficiency.
* Trade off between initial cost and long term savings?
A higher efficiency LED product costs more than lower efficiency units. The savings over the life of the product is more than the initial investment needed to upgrade. So if you’re looking to maximize savings when converting to LED, choose the higher efficiency product.
- Indoor or Outdoor Basketball Court Lights
We have both indoor and outdoor lights designed for basketball courts. Our LED High Bays have special lenses that reduce glare. Our outdoor LED Flood Lights have special optics that throw the light forward onto the court, providing bright and uniform light across the entire court. See our examples of indoor and outdoor court photometrics below using these fixtures.
- High Voltage up to 480V
100V – 277V
277V – 480V
Are you trying to replace fixtures that are higher voltages, 277V to 480V? We have solutions that cover these higher voltage installations. Our constant current drivers are equipped to handle everything from 100 Volts up to to 480 Volts (standard driver in our kits are 100V-277V). We can handle single or 3-phase power as well. Talk to our sales engineers and we can get your lighting situation taken care of.
- * 480V High Voltage Options
Our higher voltage solutions handle both single phase and 3 phase 480V installations. If you have voltage above 277V, tell our sales engineers so we can specify the proper driver.
- Color Temperature Options
For basketball courts, it’s important to use lights with the right color temperature. A color temp around 5000K, which is closest to daylight, has the same energizing effects as natural light. If you have been using metal halide, HPS, or fluorescents, it’s time to replace them with LED lights.
* LED Color Choice
To replace Metal Halide, 5000K is a great color choice. If you would like a warmer light, choose 4000K. HPS high bays are around 2300K. Moving to 4000K or 5000K will greatly improve the quality of indoor light. The same applies to lighting your court outdoors.
- Light Quality: Color Rendering Index
Color rendering index defines the color of light. It tells us how well a light source will reveal the colors of items compared to sunlight (the ideal light source). When it comes to HID lamps, people usually complain about one thing: poor light color. Light color is important in high bay applications. It has a huge impact on clarity and contrast.
Most of our LED Basketball Court fixtures are offered between CRI 70 and 85. We can special order almost any CRI you might need.
* LED CRI
Anything over 70 is good. In applications such as assembly work where fine detail is necessary, then select 80 to 90 CRI.
- Beam Angles: Proper Light Distribution
What do you need to illuminate an indoor or outdoor court? If you don’t know the answer to this question, it’s fine – we’ve got you covered.
Basketball courts are relatively easy to light up properly, if you have the right fixture.We want to make sure you have a good idea of the foot candles needed in your court. Foot candles can range between 50 and 100, depending on the venue.
* Beam Angle Selection
Ask us to run a lighting photometric to determine the perfect light and beam angle for your indoor space. Look at both the foot candle measurements and max/min ratios to make sure your space is bright and uniform.
- Lighting Controls
Motion Sensors and other controls can dramatically reduce lighting costs by turning off or dimming the lights when people leave the area.
PIR and microwave motion sensors can be added to turn the lights on when motion is detected and off / dimmed when no activity is detected. To dim, the court fixtures need a 0-10V dimmable driver. Unlike traditional lighting, dimming LED fixtures is relatively simple and does not affect the life of the bay fixture.
And if you’re trying to save additional money, nothing saves more money than off or 10% lit.
- Rugged Impact Resistance Fixtures that can handle abuse
IK rating is an international code. It measures the level of protection a light fixture has against mechanical wear and tear and the impact it can take. It is a measure of a light fixture’s durability and robustness.
Using lighting fixtures in a high traffic area (a gym) it is important to get fixtures with the proper IK rating. This is because if the light fixtures get damaged, efficiency may decrease. Light fixtures that are resistant to impact. Analyzing the risk of impact is the first thing you should do before you decide if you need light fixtures with a high IK rating.
Utopia Lighting can supply high impact rated basketball court fixtures.
- Reduce Energy Costs and Maintenance Costs
Our energy-efficient indoor high-bays reduce commercial costs and becomes practical and sustainable. With energy savings up to 75%, you can reduce a tremendous amount of energy consumption. LEDs have longer lifespans. We can add motion sensors to turn off or dim the light source when no activity is detected.
We have LED basketball court lights with L70 ratings that last upwards of 100,000+ hours. Less bulb replacement saves money. This cost saver is often overlooked, but saves a tremendous amount of money.
- Avoid Glare
When it comes to lighting, there’s one thing people complain about. Glare. LED lights don’t generate light like conventional lights. The intensity of each chip can make glare a serious issue.
The Unified Glare Rating (UGR), rates glare for lighting products. To make sure that the lights you get do not cause glare, buy those with a Unified Glare Rating of less than 19. One thing you should remember is that a court can be a shiny surface. Shiny surfaces reflect light, which means they can maximize the amount of glare in a facility.
Utopia Lighting can supply indoor and outdoor led basketball court lights that can reduce glare dramatically.
How to make sure your Basketball Court is well lit before you buy LED?
Why are photometrics important?
They allow you to see your area and how it would look under LED Lighting taking the risk out of buying. We can easily run different options with our lights, and provide you with the proper information and guidance. We’re here to save you money with LED. But it’s as important to get the lighting right.
- Indoor LED Basketball Court Photometric Example
25 ft high ceiling, replacing 400W Metal Halide with 150W LED UFO High Bays, 85 footcandle distribution
- Outdoor LED Basketball Court Photometric Example
25ft poles, 4 per side, using 200W LED Court Light with special optics. 25 fc average with amazing even light distribution across entire court.